How to start:
Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions using the links above. Feel free to use other resources.
1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
1) Assist the youth with this Footsteps of American Saints activity
2) Share your thoughts with the youth about this Saint.
3) Review the youth requirements after they have completed the activity.
- Discuss with your family or counselor, some of the values that you admire most about St. Frances Xavier Cabrini. What is she known for? How can you be more like her?
- Draw a picture showing some of her accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini's story is an epic of hope; she was an encouraging saint in a time when people need encouragement. Contact a local orphanage or children hospital and perform a good deed.
- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini started several missions during her life. Contact your diocese (or eparchy) and find a mission program that you can help out (e.g. Loaves and Fishes).
Where and when was she born?
When is the feast day for St. Frances Xavier Cabrini?
What distinguishing fact distinguishes her sainthood in American history?
Why was she refused admission into the Daughters of the Sacred Heart and the Canossian order?
She was one of the seven founding members of which order?
Where is the first orphanage she founded in the U.S. located? What is its name?
Completion & Application
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the NCCS Patch Order Form (here) and mail it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.